Saturday, August 27, 2016

A Little Gratitude Would Have Been Nice...

...but instead I got this graceful pose after bringing Brendan to Alaska and specifically to see Mt. McKinley (aka: Denali). Anyway, I like it, it's one of my favorites pics from the trip.

I think I asked him to smile for the camera.

Lucky for us that we got to see it later on that same day once those clouds cleared. Those mountains under the clouds were about 20 miles away. Denali was about 40 miles from us, yet it dwarfs the closer peaks.

It went from this in the mid-morning to...

...this in the late afternoon.
 
The dark parts may look like part of Denali but they are not, in fact they
are mountains that were about 20 miles closer to us than was Denali. The
highest snowcapped peak is Mt. McKinley or Denali as it is called now.

 
Not smiling yet but not flipping me the bird either!

Posting these pics now because I realized I forgot to post most of our pics, from our Alaska trip, as I had planned back in the spring. So, I will be posting one or three every now and again to make up for it.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: